Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on Cutler's growth, the transition to Trestman and roster decisions.
- Jay Cutler has been around Chicago long enough that we really know him as football player. One columnist is wondering what's so special about him. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Cutler has long been vocal about what he thinks is best for the offense. This week, he's hoping to get a chance to do some game planning for Thursday's pre-season game. (ESPN Chicago)
- The Bears broke camp with a united front. One player called the transition from Lovie Smith to Marc Trestman "seamless." (Chicago Tribune)
- Devin Hester is happy to be on returns only. He said it was his decision to give up receiving. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Roster decisions on the line will be tough. Is Trestman sending a message to J'Marcus Webb? (CSN Chicago)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media