Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on new Bear Martellus Bennett, how the Bears could continue to fix the line, and who is staying in navy and orange this season.
- Martellus Bennett is unquestionably an upgrade at tight end. Read how his flexibility at the position can be used on the Bears offense. (Chicago Tribune)
- Nick Roach signed with the Raiders last weekend. Does that open the door for Brian Urlacher's return? (ESPN Chicago)
- Last year, the Bears worked on development of young players for the offensive line. This year, they signed Jermon Bushrod and possibly a trade. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- A former Bear who was cut last week has found a home. Matt Spaeth reportedly signed with his former team, the Pittsburgh Steelers. (ESPN Chicago)
- But the Bears aren't only cutting people. Over the weekend, they re-signed cornerback and special teams juggernaut Zack Bowman. (Chicago Tribune)
- After plenty of spending, the Bears are hitting their limits. They have just $5.6 million in salary cap, but they can make more room with certain moves. (Chicago Sun-Times)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media