Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for how things were different for the Bears on Tuesday, who will be the next face of the Bears, and a new Twitter name for a new Bear.
- Voluntary workouts marked the first time the Bears got together since Brian Urlacher moved on from the team. Henry Melton said it just felt plain "weird." (Chicago Tribune)
- Another piece of Urlacher being gone is that the face of the franchise is gone. Is Jay Cutler ready to step into that role? (ESPN Chicago)
- Matt Toeina was released on Tuesday, freeing up salary cap room for the Bears. He was surprised by the timing of it all. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- In the off-season, J'Marcus Webb was arrested and then told he had to compete for a new position. He spoke candidly about the challenges. (Chicago Tribune)
- Martellus Bennett is looking for ideas for a new Twitter name. Give him suggestions here. (Twitter)
- Working with NFL players isn't always easy. But if a coaching staff wants to be effective, they'll follow these four rules. (National Football Post)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media