Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on how Trestman supports Cutler, J-Webb's demotion and how injuries keep hampering the Bears.
- Marc Trestman calls a game differently and more quickly than Jay Cutler is used to. Trestman also says he is with Jay Cutler and his quarterbacks every step of the way. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- J'Marcus Webb's struggles have led him to lose his starting position at right tackle. Rookie Jordan Mills is expected to play with the starters there this week, along with Kyle Long starting over James Brown at right guard. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Bears made some roster moves over the weekend. One safety was signed while another was waived. (ESPN Chicago)
- Patrick Mannelly took a big hit in Friday's game, something he normally laughs at. This time, he laughed and felt a pain in his rib. (Chicago Tribune)
- Corey Wootton wanted to play on Friday and continue to impress. His calf injury wouldn't let him. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Earl Bennett sustained a concussion early in training camp. The effects of it are still lingering. (Chicago Tribune)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media