Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for what news on what Lovie Smith is up to today, Joe DeCamillis' tough task, and why you shouldn't throw a huge draft party.
- Do you miss Lovie Smith? Keep an eye on ESPN today. The former Bears coach will appear on Sportscenter and NFL Live. (Twitter)
- New special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis has a big task in front of him. He has to turn Devin Hester back into the special teams juggernaut he once was. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- After the second day of practice, Marc Trestman is happy with his team. He was impressed by their lack of mental errors. (Chicago Tribune)
- This time of year, our thoughts turn to the Bears next draft class. But the expectations are high for the Class of 2012, as well. (Chicago Tribune)
- Make sure your plans for the draft next Thursday aren't set in stone, because there's still a good chance the Bears will do some trading. Phil Emery is still dangling the 20th pick out there. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Israel Idonije is still a free agent, but that doesn't mean he's sitting around eating ice cream. He has a comic book that you can get signed this weekend. (Facebook)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media