Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on the start of Bears' mini-camp, where Matt Forte is in the record books and D.J. Willams' super-cool condo.
- Though the Bears have already been doing off-season training, they haven't been on the football field. Today will be the first look at Marc Trestman's playbook and how it works on the field. (Chicago Tribune)
- With Walter Payton holding the record, it will be tough for Matt Forte or anyone else to become the no. 1 Bears rusher. But with 840 yards this season, Forte could become the no. 2 in Bears history. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Remember how Corey Wootton sacked Brett Favre into retirement? That was awesome. Read Favre's memories of his final play. (Windy City Gridiron)
- D.J. Williams is a Bear and part-time Chicagoan, but check out the view from his condo in Miami. You can see why he likes to retreat there. (Instagram)
- He is also excited about what the Bears have drawn up for him. Williams is right at the center of the Bears' plans. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- The Bears gave local prospects a chance to show off their skills. They hosted a local Pro Day at Halas Hall. (ESPN Chicago)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media