Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on the Bears' defense, salary cap problems and which Bear is the most eligible single.
- The Bears defense was already overwhelming. Now, new defensive coordinator Mel Tucker is putting his stamp on the team. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Trading Gabe Carimi didn't just send away another first-round draft pick. It also put the Bears in a tough spot with the salary cap. (Chicago Tribune)
- Marc Trestman said he thinks the Bears can learn from the Blackhawks' success. Do you think he was up watching triple-overtime last night? (Chicago Sun-Times)
- The Bears didn't have their full receiving corps on Wednesday. Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery missed practiced as they nursed injuries. (ESPN Chicago)
- Single and/or looking to mingle? See which Bear was named one of Chicago's most eligible singles. (Chicago Magazine)
- Martellus Bennett has a goal in Chicago. He wants to be one of the league's best tight ends. (Chicago Tribune)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media