Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on why Jay Cutler is so happy, which new Bears can stand out and what we've learned about Phil Emery.
- The Bears invested heavily on the offensive line this off-season. Considering they gave up 49 sacks last season, Jay Cutler is quite happy about that. (ESPN Chicago)
- Late-round draft pick Marquess Wilson had troubles during his final year at Washington State. If he's handled the right way, he can be a gem for Chicago. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Lance Briggs sent mysterious tweets about gay NBA player Jason Collins, then deleted them. What kind of message was he sending? (Chicago Tribune)
- Defensive tackle Zach Minter from Montana State has potential. The Bears started talking to him before the draft and signed him as an undrafted free agent after the draft was over. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Phil Emery has been around Chicago for just over a year. What have we learned about him in these drafts? (Windy City Gridiron)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media