Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on the Bears' safeties, an option for the offense and a missed encounter with a Bear.
- The core of the defense is aging. This fact puts extra pressure on young defenders like Chris Conte to perform. So far in camp, so good. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Conte isn't the only young safety looking to make an impression. Brandon Hardin missed all of last season with an injury, and he is looking to make a mark. (Chicago Tribune)
- Kelvin Hayden's role was not as defined last season. Now that he knows his role, he's becoming more comfortable in Chicago. (ESPN Chicago)
- The Bears are continuing to put together their new offense. Read-option could be included. (Chicago Tribune)
- Did you run into a guy who looked like Kyle Long at a gas station? Well, it was Kyle Long. (Twitter)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media