Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears new. Read on for the latest from the combine, what Jay Cutler may have been carrying and who the Bears' latest hire is.
- Phil Emery has a lot on his plate. Before he can think about the Bears' roster, he needs to deal with the salary cap. (Chicago Tribune)
- Emery proved to be a talented dancer on Thursday. He danced around questions about Henry Melton's future quite deftly. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- As one of the most experienced GMs at the combine, Emery will look for more than just 40-yard dash times. See what he think is the best indicator of athleticism. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Bears' offensive line took a major hit when Lance Louis was injured against the Vikings. His status is still up in the air, as Emery didn't know if Louis will be ready in time for training camp. (ESPN Chicago)
- Remember those joke "Smokin' Jay Cutler" pictures? Check out this picture snapped of him in Tennessee this week. Is he carrying a pack of cigarettes? (Kissing Suzy Kolber)
- Marc Trestman's staff is now complete. Mike Groh will be the Bears' next receivers' coach. (Chicago Tribune)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media