Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for changes coming to Halas Hall, Henry Melton's franchise tag, and what the Bears' need at running backs.
- The Bears are renovating Halas Hall, and putting up for sale the naming rights of individal pieces of the renovation. Though the name Halas Hall won't change, perhaps we could take up a collection for the Maggie Hendricks punter room? (Chicago Tribune)
- Henry Melton wasn't the only NFLer to receive a franchise tag. Eight different teams used the franchise tag option this year, which is down from the last two seasons. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Melton's franchise tag price took up plenty of salary cap space. The Bears are facing a challenge to free up more room. (ESPN Chicago)
- But reworking Julius Peppers' mega contract may not be an option to free up cap space. It could prove to be too expensive. (Chicago Tribune)
- Last off-season, Matt Forte's contract was the big question. This year, what are the Bears' needs at running backs? (CSN Chicago)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media