Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on Trestman's changes, Brandon Marshall's hip, and where players are finding motivation.
- Change at the head coaching level is not easy for anyone. But could the change to Marc Trestman be the best for the Bears? (Chicago Tribune)
- Brandon Marshall had hip surgery in the off-season. He plans on playing it safe with his hip throughout training camp. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Trestman ran a conditioning test on the first day of camp. Every player passed, but who really stood out? (CBS Chicago)
- Phil Emery announced no players would get contract extensions during the 2013 season. Tim Jennings and Major Wright see this as motivation. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Devin Hester said he is "move excited" for his contract year. He is ready to perform well and cash in. (ESPN Chicago)
- Trestman is pushing the idea of accountability with his players. This means some even see him as strict. (Chicago Sun-Times)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media