Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on a Bear offspring's scam, more signings, and Kyle Long's expectations.
- The daughter of a Bears player from the 1950s scammed the NFL out of $70,000. After John Helwig and his wife died, their daughter kept cashing pension checks. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Phil Emery said he would work quickly to get their draft picks signed. He's followed through, as Marquess Wilson and Khaseem Greene signed on Thursday. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Bears reaching to pick Kyle Long puts more pressure on the rookie. He is one of the first-round draft picks who will need to make an immediate impact. (National Football Post)
- Long had an interesting path to the pros, but he's not the only one. See where he falls on the list of rookies with unusual routes to their teams. (Shutdown Corner)
- Was this an average draft for Phil Emery? Take a look at what he's done before. (Windy City Gridiron)
Copyright FREEL - NBC Local Media