We're looking for Neighborhood Heroes in the Chicago area this summer!
Even the smallest act can improve your street, and block by block we can work together to make our towns better places.
Need ideas? Here are some easy things you can do today.
• Get to know your neighbors. Walk around and meet someone new.
• Organize a block club and have a party to meet everyone.
• Volunteer to read books to kids near your home.
• Supervise safe outdoor play hours for kids.
• Visit a neighborhood restaurant with your neighbors.
• Adopt a local school and volunteer to spruce up the school yard over the summer.
• Care for the yard of an elderly neighbor.
• Organize a school supply drive for a family in need.
• Start a community garden or plant flowers, bulbs or trees in a place that needs it.
• Paint a neighborhood mural. Remove graffiti. Paint a fence.
This is just the tip of the iceberg. So many more things, big and small, can make a difference.
Know a Neighborhood Hero? Click here to nominate them!