6 Hospitalized With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning on Southwest Side - NBC Chicago

6 Hospitalized With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning on Southwest Side

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    6 Hospitalized With Carbon Monoxide Poisoning on Southwest Side
    Getty Images

    Six people were hospitalized with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning Wednesday afternoon due to a faulty furnace in the Little Village neighborhood on the Southwest Side.

    Crews responded to a building with high carbon monoxide levels in the 2500 block of South Lawndale about 2 p.m., according to Fire Media Affairs.

    The cause of the leak was a faulty furnace, according to Fire Media.

    Six people — three adults and three children — were taken to hospitals, Fire Media said. Their genders, exact ages and conditions were not immediately released.

    Get the latest from NBC Chicago anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android