At least 12 people are dead and at least 19 others were injured in shootings across city of Chicago this weekend, according to Chicago police.
The city’s first deadly shooting occurred at approximately 7:30 p.m. on Friday in the 5100 block of West Belmont, police said. A 46-year-old man was driving a truck when a suspect inside a black SUV fired shots at him. The victim was taken to Community First Hospital with a gunshot wound to the chest where he was pronounced dead, police said. No arrests had been made as of Saturday evening.
At approximately 9 p.m. on Friday, two women and a man were walking in the 3600 block of South Indiana when an unknown person fired shots, striking all three victims, police said. A 22-year-old man suffered a gunshot wound to the head, and was pronounced dead at the scene.
A 22-year-old woman was shot in the foot, and went to Mercy Hospital in good condition. The third victim, an 18-year-old woman, suffered a gunshot wound to the lower back, and was transported to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition, according to police.
In the city’s third fatal shooting of the weekend, a 29-year-old man was shot while standing on a street at approximately 11:24 p.m. Friday in the 6000 block of South LaSalle. The victim was unresponsive at the scene, and pronounced dead. Police said the unknown suspect fired shots from inside a silver SUV.
In the 500 block of North Lawler at approximately 1 a.m. on Saturday, a 28-year-old man was discovered on the sidewalk unresponsive following a ShotSpotter alert, Chicago police confirmed. The victim, who had been shot twice, was transported to Stroger Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
At approximately 2:34 a.m. on Saturday in the 8300 block of South Peoria, a 23-year-old man was shot while sitting in the driver side of his parked vehicle, Chicago police said. Another vehicle reportedly pulled alongside it, and someone inside fired shots, striking the victim multiple times in the head and body, according to police. First responders transported the victim to St. Bernard hospital where he died. So far, no arrests have been made.
In the 1800 block of South Keeler at approximately 6 a.m. on Saturday, a 30-year-old man was shot multiple times while exiting a vehicle, Chicago police said. The victim collapsed in the street, and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where he died. No one was in custody as of Saturday evening.
At approximately 2:25 p.m. on Saturday in the 11000 block of South Bishop, a 33-year-old man was shot multiple times by an unknown offender, police said. The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in Oak Lawn where he died. No offenders were in custody as of Saturday evening.
The latest fatality over the weekend happened just after 1 a.m. Monday, when a 23-year-old man was shot while standing on the street in the 700 block of North St. Louis, police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene with gunshot wounds to the head, according to authorities.
Here's the rest of the weekend’s shootings:
- At approximately 6:27 p.m. in the 4200 block of South Mozart, a 19-year-old man and 21-year-old man were shot during an argument with an unknown male, police said. The older victim suffered a graze wound to the head, while the 19-year-old victim suffered two gunshot wounds to the abdomen, as well as the arm and back, police said. Both victims were taken to Mount Sinai Hospital where they were listed in stable condition.
- A 15-year-old boy was shot while walking at approximately 12:47 a.m. in the 8200 block of South Marquette, police said. The victim was shot by an unknown occupant inside a gold Chevy Caprice, and suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the upper and lower body. He was taken to Comer Children’s Hospital in critical condition.
- A 28-year-old was found unresponsive on the sidewalk near the 500 block of N. Lawler around 1:03 a.m., with one gunshot wound to the chest and one to the groin. He was transported to Stroger in critical condition. He was later pronounced dead.
- In the 3900 block of West Jackson at approximately 1:25 a.m., a 25-year-old man was shot in the leg while sitting in his vehicle, police said. A second victim, a 33-year-old man, was standing nearby and shot in the chest. Police said the older victim may have been caught in the gunfire. Both victims were listed in stable condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- A 26-year-old man was shot in the leg while sitting in a parked vehicle at approximately 2 a.m. in the 2300 block of South Oakley, police said. Paramedics took the victim to Mount Sinai Hospital where he was reported to be stabilized.
- Two men, 23 and 24 years old, were shot while standing in a backyard of a home in the 7500 block of South Sangamon at approximately 2:07 a.m., according to Chicago police. Officials reported that an unknown offender emerged from an alley, and fired shots. Both victims were shot in the leg, and went to the University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition.
- A 23-year-old man was sitting in the driver’s side of his parked vehicle in the 8300 block of S. Peoria around 2:34 a.m. as his friends exited his car when another vehicle pulled alongside, and shots were fired, striking him multiple times in the head and body. He was transported to St. Bernard Hospital and later pronounced dead.
- A 27-year-old man suffered a graze wound to the head after he was shot while driving in the 4300 block of S. Halsted around 4:47 p.m. Three men exited a black vehicle and fired shots, striking the victim before fleeing the scene. He was transported to University of Chicago Hospital in stable condition.
- A 30-year-old man was shot multiple times while exiting a vehicle in the 1800 block of S. Keeler round 6:30 a.m. The victim collapsed in the street and was taken to Mt. Sinai where he was pronounced dead.
- A man, 33, was approached by a suspect who fired shots in the 11000 block of S. Bishop around 2:25 p.m. The victim was struck an unknown amount of times on the head and body and was transported to Christ Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
- A man, 24, sustained a gunshot wound on his right leg during a fight in the 100 block of N. Western around 11:03 p.m., with an offender who produced a handgun and robbed the victim of an unknown amount of USC. Victim was taken to Stroger in stable condition.
- A 23-year-old man was walking on the sidewalk near the 2800 block of W. 23rd Place at about 1:03 a.m., when he heard shots and felt pain. Victim was taken to Mt. Sinai in stable condition with a gunshot wound to the right leg.
- A man, 35, was standing on the sidewalk on the 400 block of W. Fullerton around 2:05 a.m., when a male driver in a red SUV fired shots. The victim was taken to Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center in critical condition with gunshot wounds to the body.
- In the 200 block of E. 55th Place, a 35-year-old man was standing on the sidewalk around 2:41 a.m., when suspect fired shots after being involved in an argument. The victim was taken in stable condition to the University of Chicago Medical Center with a gunshot wound to the buttocks.
- A woman, 21, was walking on the sidewalk with a group of people in the 5100 block of S. Maplewood around 2:59 a.m., when a man approached on foot and fired shots. The victim was taken to Mt. Sinai in stable condition with gunshot wounds to the abdomen.
- In the 9700 block of S. University at approximately 6:35 a.m., a 47-year-old woman was standing outside when she heard gunshots and then felt a pain on her right foot. The victim self-transported to Trinity Hospital where she was treated. The victim is said to remain in stable condition.
- In the 12000 block of S. Stewart at about 3:57 a.m., a 21-year-old man was in his basement with his friend, police said. An argument ensued, and the unknown offender shot the victim once in the right-back shoulder and then fled the scene in an unknown direction. The victim was transported to Christ in stable condition.
- A 25-year-old man was shot while pumping gas around 1 a.m. in the 600 block of West 31st Street, police said. The man was at the gas station when someone approached him and fired shots, according to authorities. The man was shot in the buttocks and groin and was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition, police said.