Five teenagers were hospitalized early Saturday after overdosing on Xanax and alcohol during a party at a north suburban home, according to police.
Around 12:17 a.m., deputies responded to a call of a 16-year-old girl not conscious or breathing in the 200 block of Stonehenge Lane in Tower Lakes, the Lake County sheriff’s office said in a statement.
The girl was breathing when officers arrived, police said, but they discovered that she and several other juveniles had taken Xanax and drank alcohol.
Five of the teens were taken to Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital in Barrington, according to the statement. Two others were monitored at home by their parents, police said, and all have since fully recovered.
The Xanax belonged to one of the teens at the party who had been prescribed the medication two years ago, officials said.
The homeowners knew about the party, which began at around 6:30 p.m. Friday night, but were unaware of the drugs and alcohol, police said.