Two people were killed and an 11-year-old boy among 23 others wounded in citywide shootings from Friday, 5 p.m. to Monday, 5 a.m.
- A man was found shot to death Saturday night in Logan Square on the Northwest Side. About 10:40 p.m., police found Giovanni J. Lozano, 24, unresponsive with a gunshot wound to his head in the 3000 block of North Avers Avenue, Chicago police said. He was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
- A 37-year-old man was shot to death Sunday afternoon in East Garfield Park. The man was in a parking lot about 3:20 p.m. in the 3900 block of West Madison Avenue when a vehicle approached and someone inside opened fire, police said. He was struck in the torso and was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, police said. He was identified as Clifford Jeffrey by the Cook County medical examiner’s office.
- A third man was fatally shot in a drive-by Friday evening in Lawndale on the West Side. The man, 43, was on a sidewalk in the 2800 block of West Polk Street when someone exited a dark-colored vehicle that had pulled up and opened fire, striking the man in the back, police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where he succumbed to his injuries, police said. His name hasn’t been released yet.
- In nonfatal attacks, a person was in custody after an 11-year-old boy was among two people shot Friday night inside an apartment in Jefferson Park. About 11:35 p.m., the boy and a 25-year-old man were inside a second floor apartment in the 5400 block of North Austin Avenue when a known male opened fire, striking both of them in the right leg, police said. They were taken to Illinois Masonic Medical Center, where they were both in good condition, police said.
- A 17-year-old boy was shot early Sunday morning in West Lawn on the Southwest Side. About 12:40 a.m., the teen was in the 6600 block of South Pulaski Road when he was shot in the knee, police said. He self-transported to a local hospital, where he was in good condition, police said.
- About half an hour earlier, three people were shot inside a building in Marquette Park on the South Side. The three men were inside a building in the 6300 block of South Kedzie Avenue about 12:10 a.m. when witnesses said they saw someone inside a gray Dodge Durango fire toward the building, according to police. One of the men, 23, was shot in the back, and was listed in fair condition, police said. A second 23-year-old man was grazed in the head and a 26-year-old man was struck in the thigh, police said. Both were in good condition, authorities said.
- A person was shot Friday night on Interstate 57 near Washington Heights on the South Side, according to preliminary information from Illinois State police. State police responded to the southbound lanes of I-57, near Halsted Street, for calls of shots fired about 11:05 p.m., and found a person who had been shot, State police said. They were taken to the hospital, with non-life threatening injuries, State police said.
- A 27-year-old woman was critically wounded in a shooting Sunday afternoon in Little Village. The woman was on the sidewalk about 3 p.m. in the 2800 block of South Komensky Avenue when a vehicle pulled up and someone from inside fired shots, police said. She was struck in the back and was taken to an area hospital in critical condition, police said.
- A man was shot and wounded early Monday morning during a robbery inside a residence in Lawndale on the West Side. About 12:50 a.m., the man, 24, was inside a residence in the 1800 block of South Springfield Avenue when one of four suspects robbing him at gunpoint opened fire, striking him in the abdomen, police said. He was taken to a local hospital, where he was in fair condition, police said.
At least 14 others were wounded in shootings in Chicago from Friday, 5 p.m. to Monday 5 a.m.
Four people were killed and 21 others wounded by gunfire in Chicago last weekend.