Chicago police say four people are dead and 20 others have been injured in shootings across the city so far this weekend.
Chicago police responding to a ShotSpotter Alert in the 600 block of North Spaulding at approximately 10:43 p.m. discovered a 21-year-old man lying unresponsive on the street after suffering a gunshot wound to his neck.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police have been unable to find any witnesses to the shooting, and Area Four detectives are continuing to investigate the shooting.
In the city's second deadly shooting of the weekend, a 25-year-old man was shot and killed at approximately 2:55 p.m. Saturday in the 12100 block of South Lafayette, Chicago police confirmed.
The victim and a 26-year-old man were in a vehicle traveling eastbound on 121st Street when an unknown offender pulled up alongside them and fired shots, officials said.
The 25-year-old man sustained a gunshot wound to the right thigh and abdomen and was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center where he was pronounced dead. The second victim suffered a gunshot wound to the foot and was taken to Roseland Hospital in stable condition.
An unidentified man died Sunday morning after he was shot multiple times in the 3400 block of West Adams. According to police, the man was approached by an unknown individual, who shot him multiple times before fleeing the scene just before 4:30 a.m.
The man was brought to Mount Sinai, where he was pronounced dead.
On Sunday afternoon, a man was fatally shot at approximately 4:28 p.m. in the 5500 block of West Cortland, according to police. The victim was in an alley when an unknown offender pulled up alongside the victim and fired shots. The unidentified individual was struck in the mouth and the chest and was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Just before 11 p.m. in the first block of East 71st Street, a 19-year-old man was driving when a person in a passing silver SUV fired shots at him, striking him in the leg. The man was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center in fair condition.
- Two people were sitting inside a parked vehicle in the 13200 block of South Riverdale at approximately 12:11 a.m. when a person opened fire, striking both victims. A 40-year-old woman was hit in the abdomen, and was taken to Christ Hospital in critical condition, police said. A 26-year-old man was hit in the elbow and refused medical attention at the scene.
- In the 900 block of West 51st Street at approximately 2:59 a.m., officers responding to a ShotSpotter Alert found damage to cars and homes due to gunfire. Police also recovered shell casings and a gun. Later, a 34-year-old man walked into Northwestern University Hospital with a gunshot wound to his ankle. Police determined he had been shot in the incident, but he refused to cooperate with authorities prior to his release from the hospital.
- Two 21-year-old female victims were shot at approximately 3:25 p.m. in the 2300 block of South Drake when an unknown female offender approached them and opened fire, police said. The first victim sustained a graze wound to the waist while the second victim suffered a graze wound to the left ear. Both victims declined medical attention on scene.
- In the 4400 block of South Sacramento at approximately 7:49 p.m., a 23-year-old man was standing on a sidewalk when he was shot in the leg, police said. The man was taken to Mount Sinai, where he was in good condition with a gunshot wound to his upper left thigh.
- A 54-year-old woman was riding in the backseat of a vehicle in the 800 block of West Garfield at approximately 8:40 p.m. when a person in a brown sedan fired shots, striking her in the stomach. The woman was taken by a relative to St. Bernard, then was transferred to Stroger, where she is in serious condition, according to police.
- At approximately 10:15 p.m. in the 9600 block of South Avenue M, a 32-year-old man was driving a vehicle when a person fired shots at him, grazing his head. Police say the man is in good condition and refused medical treatment.
- In the 7300 block of South Honore at approximately 10:30 p.m., a 17-year-old girl was dropped off at Holy Cross Hospital after being shot in the face and neck. Police say they have been unable to find the two men who dropped her off. The girl remains in critical condition after being transferred to Mount Sinai.
- A 29-year-old man says he was walking in the 7900 block of South Halsted at approximately 10:37 p.m. when he was shot in the upper abdomen. Police say the man then ran to a nearby police station, where officers called an ambulance and had him transferred to the University of Chicago Hospital. He is in fair condition.
- At approximately 11:53 p.m. in the 1600 block of South Millard, a 38-year-old man was walking in an alley when he was shot in the leg. Police say the man was taken to Mount Sinai, where he was listed in good condition.
- Chicago police say a 23-year-old man was walking in an alley in the 5700 block of South Honore at approximately 2:18 a.m. when he heard shots. The man was hit in the leg, and was taken to the University of Chicago Hospital in good condition.
- In the 900 block of North Hamlin at approximately 2:35 a.m., a 39-year-old man was standing outside when he said occupants of two vehicles began firing shots at one another. The man suffered a graze wound to his head, and is in fair condition at Mount Sinai.
- At approximately 1:45 p.m. in the 1300 block of West 71st Street, a 55-year-old man was shot while walking out of a store, according to police. The victim was taken to Advocate Christ Medical Center in stable condition.
- In the 2100 block of West Washington at approximately 8:10 p.m., a unknown male victim sustained a gunshot wound to the leg, police stated. The victim was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
- At approximately 7:55 p.m. in the 1500 block of South Wood Street, a 26-year-old male victim was inside of a vehicle when an unknown vehicle began following the victim and someone inside fired shots, police stated. The victim was struck once to the back and self transported to Stroger Hospital in fair condition. A 42-year-old woman was on the sidewalk when she heard shots and was struck once in the foot. She was transported to Stroger Hospital in fair condition.
- A 36-year-old man was on the sidewalk at approximately 8:30 p.m. in the 1500 block of West 88th Street when he heard shots and felt pain, police said. The victim was struck once to the hip area and self-transported to Little Company of Mary Hospital.