Hoping to catch a slice of many Americans' smaller budgets, many retailers are already listing dynamic deals on hundreds of gift items.
But even some pitches, like $10 or less, can be lot of money when multiplied several times.
Here are some things to keep in mind heading into the home stretch of the holiday shopping season:
- Sales will not be as big and as deep and drastic as last year.
- Don't wait until the last minute. Shop when you're ready.
- Stay organized and keep a iron-clad budget in mind when you shop.
- Have a note and script in mind if you're unable to give gifts.
- At all costs, avoid credit card debt. With rising fees, limits cut and interest rates changing before new regulations go into effect next February, credit card debt will be more expensive than it has been in a decade.
And keeping yourself out of the red is the best gift you can give yourself this year.