Let the salivating begin. The Explore Chicago web site has a list of the restaurants participating in Taste of Chicago,
complete with a map of where to find the various booths so you don't drive yourselves crazy trying to find them.
Here is a suggested itinerary sure to please your taste buds with a variety of great eats from around the city. You may need to take a preventative Pepcid beforehand, but hey, that's part of the joy of the Taste:
1) An order of guac and chips from Adobo Grill (2005 W. Division St.)
2) A barbequed turkey leg from Manny's Cafeteria & Delicatessen (1141 S. Jefferson St. )
3) Vegetarian tamales from Soul Vegetarian East (205 E. 75th St.)
4) Mango cumin-dusted fries from Vermilion (10 W. Hubbard St.)
5) Chocolate covered caramel corn from Garrett's Popcorn Shops
6) Oreo cookie cheesecake with vanilla ice cream from Eli's Cheesecake (6701 W. Forest Preserve Dr.)
The Taste of Chicago runs June 26 – July 5, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m.; Friday, July 3, 11 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.; Sunday, July 5, 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. Admission to the fairgrounds is free; food and beverages are sold by tickets only. Tickets are sold in strips of 12 for $8 at the festival, which includes a $2 surcharge that contributes to event amenities.
Jackson Blvd. & Columbus Dr.
Chicago, IL 60604