These frigid temperatures make it the perfect weekend to catch a movie. New on the big screen:
- If you like horror movies, check out, "My Bloody Valentine 3D"
- "Notorious", is a biopic of the late Christopher Wallace and his rise to becoming the rapper Notorious B.I.G., his feud with Tupac and both rappers violent deaths.
- Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber play two Jewish brothers rescuing others during the Holocaust in "Defiance."
- Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson share the screen in the romantic drama, "Last Chance Harvey."
- The flick, "Hotel for Dogs," is perfect for the entire family. It's about teens who form a hostel for stray dogs.
- Kevin James plays a shopping mall center security guard who saves the day in "Paul Blart: Mall Cop."
If you feel like laughing this weekend :
- Comedian Pablo Francisco will be performing all weekend long at the Chicago Improv in Schaumburg.
- It's your last chance to catch the Eighth Annual Chicago Sketch Comedy Festival at the Theatre Building Chicago.
For theatre lovers....there's plenty of buzz about Broadway's "Xanadu" makes it's Chicago debut this weekend at the Drury Lane Theatre at Water Tower Place.
At the Drury Lane Oakbrook Terrace location, see the classical musical "Miss Saigon."
And Saturday is your last chance to see "Dirty Dancing" on stage at the Cadillac Palace Theatre.
If you feel like dancing -- or watching someone else -- Hothouse and Chicago Samba will be crowning the Illinois "Queen of Samba" Saturday night. Click here for all the details.
Have a great weekend!