You can work up quite the appetite shopping at the 900 Shops on Michigan Ave., which is why it's a good thing Oak Tree is located on the 6th floor. After closing down for several weeks to renovate, Oak Tree reopened with a new look and new menu items. The layout remains very similar, but the colors are more inviting and modern. Mosaic tiles, along with soothing colors accent the room.
The food continues to be tasty, but folks are raving about their Epicurean Toasted Cheese items. Some of the new sandwiches featured include:
- Roquefort & Pear, Candied Pecans, Mozzarella, Spinach and Fig Preserves
- Ham & Gruyere, Arugula, Mozzarella and Grilled Onions
- Cheddar & Asparagus, Fontina, Spinach and Ham
- Turkey & Cranberry, Roquefort, Spinach and Mozzarella
- Cheddar & Fig Preserves, Watercress, Grilled Onion and Roquefort
A few new "900 Coolers" have been added as well, such as the Cucumber-Lime Cooler, Raspberry-Mint Agua Fresca and Citrus or White Grape Spritzer. These drinks are very refreshing and a welcomed break from the normal colas.
Don't forget to ask about their new desserts. The cookie tray is nicely done with a variety of scones, brownies and biscuits. The prices have increased slightly, so if you're a frequent guest, don't be too surprised.
Oak Tree is located on the 6th floor in the 900 North building, and is open for breakfast, lunch and a very late lunch.
Log onto www.shop900.com for more information.