In addition to today's top stories, check out a number of news stories affecting local families.
- Human Remains Found in Burned Car -- Human remains burned beyond recognition were discovered in a burned out car on Wednesday afternoon in Gary, authorities said.
- Fox River Grove Woman Faces Drug, Prostitution Charges -- A 40-year-old Fox River Grove woman was arrested Wednesday on prostitution and drug charges after an investigation into claims she was using the Internet to advertise her services at a local motel, police said.
- 2 Injured in Waukegan House Fire -- A father and daughter are in critical condition after an early-morning house fire in Waukegan, authorities say.
- Arson Eyed in Naperville Restaurant Explosion -- Traces of gasoline or a similar accelerant were found late last month in the ruins of Gigi's Restaurant and Pancake House in Naperville, following an explosion and fire that left two men badly burned, according to the Naperville Sun.
- Nearly 20 Displaced in 2-Alarm Apartment Fire -- Eighteen people, including two children, were displaced when an extra-alarm fire started in their South Side apartment Thursday night.
- Teen Admits to MySpace Threats to Huntley High Teachers, Students -- A former Huntley High School student has admitted in court on Friday that he described killing his teachers and classmates lastyear on his MySpace page.