Feel like rockin' out on Green Day this week? Here's some options:
- GO Green Management hosts its third annual Earth Day event Thursday at Flair Tower (222 W Erie), a LEED certified residential building. An educational rally will be held from 5-6 p.m. and then the party goes on till 8. Ticket inlcudes complimentary Veev cocktails, hors d'ouerves and a raffle.
- Find a randy recycler or a charismatic composter at this eco-friendly speed dating event Thursday at Suite Lounge (1446 N Wells St # 1R). The event offers a chance to meet 10 single guys or girls in your preferred age group and chat with them for 8 minutes. You get the contact details the next day -- electronically we're sure, not via fax or snail mail. More info
- Pinstripes: Bowling-Bocce-Bistro teams up with Spa Bleu to host "Bleu Water and Green Earth: A Benefit for The Alliance for The Great Lakes" at The Arboretum on Friday 7 p.m. Highlights include an eco-cheek fashion show featuring recycled pieces by local designer, Micky Bruski. The $40 ticket price includes raffles, music, and a light buffet. Call Spa Bleu at (847) 783-0703 or email for tickets. 100 W. Higgins Road, South Barrington
- Streeterville's MARKETHOUSE restaurant unveils a special Earth Day prix fixe menu on Thursday when they'll turn down the lights and light candles throughout the restaurant for the five-course dinner from 5-10 p.m. The $45 meal includes dishes such as Spring Pea Soup and Nut and Spice Crusted Yellow Fin Tuna. $49
- Cityscape Bar celebrates Earth Day on Thursday with specialty $4 organic drinks like the Pear Fizz with Tru Organic Vanilla Vodka and the Muddled Organic Pear and Sparkling Cider. A complimentary buffet will also be offered from 8-9 p.m. with Organic and Local Grown Vegetable Crudite and Cheeses.