The most wonderful thing about going out to dine is satisfying your craving for pleasure. Whether it's dessert, wine or a full course meal, nothing is more pleasing to the senses than the chance to see, taste and smell a well-prepared dish. The same goes for fashion.
Starting today through Oct. 8, Chicago is laying out a buffet of fashion entrees sure to satisfy the most mature palette. Fashion Focus Chicago 2008 is back, and lucky for us, the service is a la carte. Our city is laying out the nice silverware, featuring everything from runway shows, industry seminars, fashion installations and neighborhood shopping. Check out ChicagoFashionResource.com to pick and choose from an array of special events this week. To get you started, here's a list of highlights to consider:
- Oct. 1: Gen Art's Fresh Faces in Fashion, Hosted by Pete Wentz. Tickets start at $60 and seating is limited.
- Oct. 2: World Fashion by Chicago Sister Cities International. Admission is free. Details on the after-party are online.
- Oct. 3: Dress Code. See the rising stars and students from Chicago's design schools. Admission is free.
- Oct. 5: A Fashion Performance. Alice Berry uses fashion to explore business & pleasure. Admission is free.
- Oct. 6:Allure of Couture. High end, contemporary collections produced by B. Samuels. Also free.
- Oct. 7: Macy's Presents the Designers of Chicago. The focus here is on futuristic trends. Admission is free.