- Overnight shootings in the area have left two dead and four others injured, including three men from a drive-by shooting in the 7000 block of South Paxton Avenue.
- Three pit bulls mauled a 6-year-old boy in Garfield Park Friday evening. Police killed two of the dogs during the attack while the third dog escaped. The boy was last reported in serious condition at Mount Sinai Hospital.
- A 150-pound chlorine tank leaked Friday evening in St. Charles, forcing the evacuation of two nearby businesses. Firefighters were able to contain the leak and the tank was removed. Three firefighters suffered minor injuries during the incident; all were treated and released.
- A Round Lake Beach woman is in police custody today, charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon. The woman attacked her husband with a hammer, claiming he was an alien who was trying to kill her. The woman admitted she was taking prescription medication for a mental illness.
- More on the Aurora sisters who were found safe yesterday afternoon: the two girls, 13 and 3 years old, spent the night at the home of the 13-year-old's boyfriend, who is 16. His house is only two blocks from the girls' house. Someone's getting grounded.
Copyright Chist - Chicagoist