At least 10 people have been shot and wounded across the city of Chicago on Sunday.
A 24-year-old man is in critical condition after he was shot multiple times on Sunday afternoon, according to police.
The man was walking in the 3300 block of West Madison when a person approached him and opened fire, striking him in the chest, thigh, and torso, police said.
The man was taken to Stroger Hospital, and is listed in critical condition. No one is in custody.
Later in the evening, a man was shot in the head in the 1700 block of West 85th Street, according to police. Circumstances of the shooting are unknown as no witnesses have come forward, and the man is in critical condition at Christ Hospital.
Here are the rest of Sunday’s shootings:
- Two people were shot while standing on a sidewalk in the 7800 block of South Ashland just after 3 a.m., police said. A 27-year-old was shot in the calf and is in stable condition at Christ Hospital, and a 24-year-old man was taken to University of Chicago Medical Center in stable condition with a gunshot wound to his groin.
- A 31-year-old man was crossing a street in the 2300 block of South Hoyne when a person in a black SUV fired shots at him, striking him in the shoulder. He was taken to Stroger Hospital in stable condition.
- In the 8600 block of South Ashland, a 24-year-old was in a vehicle when a person in a brown trenchcoat opened fire, striking him multiple times. He was taken to Christ Hospital in stable condition, according to police.
- A 21-year-old man is in good condition after he was shot while standing in the 5300 block of West Augusts just before 2 p.m., according to police. He was taken to Mount Sinai with a gunshot wound to his left leg.
- In the 12300 block of South Normal, a 17-year-old was shot in the leg just after 5 p.m., according to police. Circumstances around the shooting, and the victim’s condition, are unknown.
- A 29-year-old man was standing on a porch in the 5600 block of South Princeton when he was shot in the face, according to police. The incident, which occurred just after 6 p.m., sent the man to University of Chicago Medical Center, where he was listed in good condition.
- A 28-year-old man was walking in the 5000 block of South Wood just after 8 p.m. when a person in a sedan pulled up and opened fire, striking him in the stomach and thigh. The gunman then robbed the victim of his backpack and fled the scene. The victim was taken to University of Chicago in stable condition.