Seven Illinois Carson’s department stores will close as the company retools its business model.
The closures, part of nearly 50 such stores that will close nationwide, includes the company’s Chicago location at Riverside Plaza Mall, according to a press release.
“As part of the comprehensive turnaround plan we announced in November, we are taking the next steps in our efforts to move forward with a more productive store footprint,” Bon-Ton CEO Bill Tracy said in a statement.
Of the closures, four Carson’s stores will shut their doors, as will two Carson’s Clearance Centers and one Bergner’s location, according to the company.
Here is the full list of Illinois closures:
- Carson’s Clearance Center, Aurora Shopping Center, Aurora
- Carson’s, Riverside Plaza, Chicago
- Carson’s, Village Mall, Danville
- Carson’s, Northland Plaza, DeKalb
- Carson’s Clearance Center, Village Plaza, Morton Grove
- Bergner’s, Sheridan Village, Peoria
- Carson’s, Streets of Woodfield, Schaumburg
Store closing sales will begin on Thursday, and will continue for 10 to 12 weeks, according to the company.