If your October itinerary includes Halloween festivities at a theme park, you have some solid options in the Midwest, according to a new reader poll.
Fright Fest at Six Flags Great America in Gurnee placed third on a new USA Today Readers' Choice list of the top 10 best amusement park Halloween events in the country.
"Fright Fest at Six Flags Great America offers thrill seekers several haunted houses and scare zones, including a maze from the movie Hell Fest and the cursed Manslaughter Manor," the paper wrote, citing some of readers' favorite parts of Six Flags' annual festival.
A panel of USA Today experts joined Christine Barger, known as "The Haunt Girl," to choose the best 20, and readers voted for the top 10.
Halloween Haunt at Kings Island in Mason, Ohio, took top honors, and HalloWeekends at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, ranked ninth.
Fright Fest continues at Six Flags Great America on select nights through Oct. 31.
"The stuff of nightmares lurk around every corner as the dark of night washes over the park," the park writes. "The ghouls are set free for their daily hunting rituals. BEWARE! There is no place to hide!"
1. Halloween Haunt at Kings Island - Mason, Ohio
2. Halloween Haunt at Kings Dominion - Doswell, Va.
3. Fright Fest at Six Flags Great America - Gurnee, Ill.
4. Fright Fest at Six Flags Magic Mountain - Valencia, Calif.
5. SCarowinds at Carowinds - Charlotte
6. The Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce - Bristol, Conn.
7. Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Williamsburg - Williamsburg, Va.
8. Phantom Fright Nights at Kennywood - West Mifflin, Penn.
9. HalloWeekends at Cedar Point - Sandusky, Ohio
10. Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando - Orlando