Yelp this week unveiled a list of the top 100 places to eat in the United States based on data from reviews across the site.
Among the "must-try spots," Illinois snagged three positions on the list with offerings ranging from a high-end hotspot to a buzz-worthy hot dog stand to a chain steakhouse in the suburbs.
Grant Achatz's award-winning Alinea ranked seventh, followed by Hot Doug's at No. 27 and the Downers Grove location of Chama Gaucha Brazilian Steakhouse at No. 37.
The rest of the list was just diverse. How did Yelp compile it?
"We dug in to our wealth of rich data to see what the numbers told us about which places Yelpers really love," the team explains on Yelp's blog. "Engineers on Yelp’s data mining team used a technique based on the Wilson Score to compile a list of highly rated places to eat. This method takes into account both star rating and number of reviews to reveal which spots not only have top notch ratings, but also which are most popular in the Yelp community."
Here's a look at the top 25:
1. Da Poke Shack, Kailua-Kona, HI
2. Paseo, Seattle, WA
3. Oklahoma Joe’s Barbecue, Kansas City, KS
4. The Cinnamon Snail, New York, NY
5. Porto's Bakery, Burbank, CA
6. Dametra Cafe, Carmel by the Sea, CA
7. Alinea, Chicago, IL
8. Franklin Barbecue, Austin, TX
9. Gary Danko, San Francisco, CA
10. Joe’s Falafel, Los Angeles, CA
11. Sushi Izakaya Gaku, Honolulu, HI
12. Biker Jim’s Gourmet Dogs, Denver, CO
13. Oscar’s Mexican Seafood, San Diego, CA
14. Coop’s West Texas Barbeque, Lemon Grove, CA
15. Tacos El Gordo, Chula Vista, CA
16. Cheese Board Pizza, Berkeley, CA
17. Ricky’s Fish Tacos, Los Angeles, CA
18. Ono Seafood, Honolulu, HI
19. Bogart’s Smoke House, Saint Louis, MO
20. Bakery Nouveau, Seattle, WA
21. Baguette Cafe, Las Vegas, NV
22. Eleven Madison Park, New York, NY
23. T-Deli, San Diego, CA
24. Built to Grill, Portland, OR
25. Alforon, San Diego, CA