Become a NBC 5 Chicago and Telemundo Chicago intern and learn broadcasting and digital from our world-class teams!
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience.
The NBCUniversal Campus 2 Career paid internship program gives students real world experience, networking opportunities and exposure to one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies. Students can intern in a variety of functions including news, ad sales, finance, community and creative services.
Students are placed in internships related to their major and career goals. Skills required vary by internship.
NBCUniversal considers the internship an important recruiting tool. The program allows us to identify high potential talent for future employment.
Completed application and additional paperwork must be emailed in a pdf format to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 312-836-5520.
NBCUniversal is an equal opportunity employer.
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
- Previous work experience in an office environment
- Previous internship experience
- Internships are offered during the Fall, Spring, or Summer semesters full-time or part-time (min. 2 days per week).
- All internships are paid, with rates dependent on department.
- Housing/Transportation assistance is not provided by the internship program.
Internship opportunities are listed below.
ADVERTISING SALES (Lifestyle Ad Sales-Chicago)
Responsibilities: Assist with the coordination of sales marketing materials. Work closely with all verticals of NBCU National Ad Sales-including Telemundo, Lifestyle, Entertainment, and Live (Sports & News). Learn day to day tasks of being a media sales professional. Shadow employees, sit on phone calls, meetings and conduct client research. Help with event planning in client events. Learn ho to build plans across linear and digital.
Desired Characteristics: Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organization skills. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and demonstrates a proactive approach. Experience in successfully communicating at all level both verbally and in writing. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and be detail-oriented. Have excellent client relation skills.