Lollapalooza begins Thursday, and there are a list of items you will and will not be able to bring with you through the gates at Grant Park.
More than 100,000 festivalgoers are expected to flock to the 25th annual music festival daily through Sunday.
To avoid getting stuck in expected massive lines and crowds, organizers suggest to leave your bags at home to take advantage of the bag-free express lanes.
A list of things are banned from entering the park for the festival. If you find yourself bringing one of the wrong things, mobile lockers will be available near the main entrance. They fill quickly though, so you can reserve in advance here.
The following items are ALLOWED:
- Baby Strollers
- Backpacks (Standard school sized. No frames or camping gear)
- Blankets, Sheets, Towels
- Cameras (only nonprofessional photos and video cameras, must be without attachments such as selfie sticks and tripods)
- Empty CamelBak water bottles and hydration packs, and plastic or aluminum water bottles
- Umbrella (Hand-held only, no bigger than 42 in. when open)
- Water - you may bring two unopened bottles of water (up to 1 liter each) and refill them inside at festival stations throughout the day
PROHIBITED items include:
- Coolers (Exceptions may be made for medical use)
- Glass or metal containers
- Outside food and beverage (including alcohol)
- Aerosol containers (including sunscreen and beauty products)
- Any professional audio recording equipment
- Professional cameras and professional recording equipment
- Selfie sticks
- Camera zoom lenses, stands, monopods, tripods, camera attachments
- ALL professional video equipment. No video recording will be allowed
- Drones or any remote flying device
- Framed backpacks
- Illegal and Illicit substances of any kind
- Pets (except service animals)
- Professional radios or walkie-talkies
- Skateboards, scooters, bicycles, wagons, carts or any personal motorized vehicles
- Tents, canopies, or shade structures of any kind
- Solicitation materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc.
- Weapons or explosives of any kind
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Bicycles (free parking is available near festival entrance)
- Carts of any kind
- Chairs of any kind
- Inflatable furniture