Chef Joe Flamm, executive chef of Spiaggia and Café Spiaggia and the reigning "Top Chef" champion, shared with NBC 5 his Tonno Vitelatto, the dish he prepared in the final episode of the hit cooking show that earned him the winning title.
Flamm shared the dish ahead of his appearance at Chicago Gourmet on Sept. 29, where he will host a cooking demonstration on the Main Stage.
Spring Pre-Sale tickets for Chicago Gourmet go on sale at 10 a.m. Thursday at Chicagogourmet.org. While supplies last, tickets for the Grand Tasting will be available at $156 per person, per day, or $288 per person for a Weekend Pass. Regularly priced tickets will immediately become available as pre-sale tickets sell out.
The highly acclaimed Chicago Gourmet returns Sept. 26-30.
Tonno Vitelatto Recipe
8 slices of Bluefin tuna
2oz veal demi
2oz pastrami spice
2oz smoked waygu beef fat
8oz tapioca malto dextrin
2oz capers drained
4oz olive oil
2oz sea salt
2oz lemon juice
1. Mix mayo with demi, set aside.
2. Take waygu fat and buzz together in robot coupe until turns into powder
3. Fry capers at 350 degrees until crispy
4. Mix parsley and watercress
5. Put mayo in middle plate, season tuna, with lemon, olive oil and salt
6. Top with greens, capers, pastrami spice, and waygu powder