April is National Grilled Cheese Month – a holiday undoubtedly worth celebrating. Here are 12 of Chicago's best mouthwatering masterpieces oozing with cheesy goodness to bite into:
1. Truffled Grilled Cheese with irish cheddar, taleggio, raclette and black truffle
Bangers & Lace
Wicker Park | 1670 W. Division St.
2. The “Wolff” Grilled Cheese with double smoked bacon and fresh jalepenos on brioche bread
Scout Waterhouse and Kitchen
South Loop | 1301 S. Wabash Ave.
— The Scout (@TheScoutChi) April 12, 2015
3. Open-Faced Grilled Cheese with butterkase, cheddar, squash puree, fried eggs and brioche
Ravenswood | 1970 W. Montrose Ave.
4. Gouda and Montamore Grilled Cheese with pork guanciale and smoked tomato
Little Goat Diner
West Loop | 820 W. Randolph St.
5. The 16-inch Clydesdale grilled cheese served with savory tomato basil dip
Lakeview | 1638 W. Belmont Ave.
6. “PB & J” Grilled Cheese with pear, brie cheese and blueberry jam on whole grain bread
South Water Kitchen
The Loop | 225 N. Wabash Ave.
7. Pimento Cheese Grilled Cheese with chow chow on toasted rye bread
Andersonville | 5347 N. Clark St.
8. Fig & Arugala Grilled Cheese
Blue Door Farm Stand
Lincoln Park | 843 W. Armitage Ave.
9. CB & J Grilled Cheese pan-fried with cashew butter, fig jam and raclette cheese on sourdough
Uptown | 5148 N. Clark St.
10. Roasted Portabella Brie and Swiss Mushroom Melt with house-made kraut, caramelized onion and dijonnaise on house-made cornmeal country bread
Southport Grocery & Cafe
Lakeview | 3552 N. Southport Ave.
11. The Stockin' Stuffer at Cheesie’s Pub & Grub
Lakeview | 958 W. Belmont Ave.
Sandwich of the Month: The Stockin' Stuffer pic.twitter.com/xfLekQRgp7
— Cheesie's Pub & Grub (@CheesiesChicago) December 3, 2014
12. Classic Grilled Cheese and Tomato
Ravenswood | 1820 W. Montrose Ave.