The city of Chicago is breaking out all the best classics for the 2015 Millennium Park Summer Film Series.
The annual summer tradition will begin June 23 and present fan favorites on the outdoor 40-foot LED screen every Tuesday through the first week of September.
So grab a bottle of wine, a blanket, some movie snacks and head to one of the shows at the Jay Pritzker Pavilion’s Great Lawn. All the details from the city’s website listed below:
Where: Millennium Park, Jay Pritzker Pavilion at 201 E. Randolph St.
When: Film screenings begin every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m.
Admission: Free. Seating at the pavilion is first-come, first-served.
• June 23: Back to the Future (1985; PG, 116 min)
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of this iconic ‘80’s classic.
• June 30: Apollo 13 (1995; PG, 140 mins)
An all American story to celebrate the Fourth of the July.
• June 7: Big Night (1996; R*, 107 mins)
A true Italian feast for the eyes to kick off the Taste of Chicago.
• July 17: Edward Scissorhands (1990; PG-13, 105 mins)
Commemorating the 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• July 21: Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (1971; G, 100 mins)
Honoring 50 years of the publication Roald Dahl’s most famous book.
• July 28: Almost Famous (2000; R‡, 122 mins)
A rock-n-roll tale in advance of Lollapalooza.
• August 4: Drumline (2002; PG-13, 118 mins)
In celebration of the Bud Billiken parade on August 9.
• August 11: The Aviator (2004; PG-13, 170 mins)
An American aviation spectacle in advance of the Chicago Air & Water Show.
• August 18: Dirty Dancing (1987; PG-13, 100 mins)
On stage and screen with theatrical production opening the same night at the Cadillac Palace.
• August 25: Mahogany (1975; PG, 109 min)
Marking the 40th anniversary of this Dianna Ross classic filmed in Chicago.
• September 1: The Breakfast Club (1985; R**, 97 min)
Celebrating the 30th anniversary of this John Hughes classic.
*Rated R for language
**Rated R for language, drug content, and sexual references
‡Rated R for language, drug content, and brief nudity