In today's edition of Hawks Headlines, Madhouse Enforcer takes a look at what Chicago Blackhawks forward Brandon Saad did with the Stanley Cup in Pittsburgh, as well as the Rockford IceHogs' schedule for the upcoming season.
- The Stanley Cup was in Pittsburgh on Thursday, but it wasn't because the Penguins were hoisting it. Instead, it was because Pennsylvania native Brandon Saad was spending his day with the treasured chalice. [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review]
- Jamal Mayers also got to spend a day with the Cup this week, and he and his family did what any good red-blooded family should: they ate breakfast out of it. We wonder if it tasted like pierogis. [CSN Chicago]
- The Rockford IceHogs announced their 2013-14 schedule Thursday, and they will open the home portion of it on October 19th against the Grand Rapids Griffins, the winner of the 2013 Calder Cup. [IceHogs.com]
- Several teams will be releasing new jerseys this summer, and with that focus on new threads, ESPN did a ranking of best NHL jerseys. Surprisingly, the Blackhawks finished eighth in the rankings, and McClure was not happy. [Real Fans Program]
- Tons of columns have already been dedicated to how the 2013-14 campaign will be a crucial one for Corey Crawford, and Scott Powers takes his turn at the dish. [ESPN Chicago]
- Finally, the Hawks obviously have a huge group of dedicated fans, but Adam Dorenfest took that dedication when he went skydiving while wearing a Marian Hossa jersey. [Blackhawks.com]