In this edition of Hawks Headlines, we take a look at what Adam Pardy had to say about Winnipeg Jets’ fans planning to wear helmets to the team’s game Thursday against the Chicago Blackhawks, and we also examine what Hawks broadcaster Eddie Olczyk has to say about the season that Duncan Keith had for the 2013 Stanley Cup champions.
- We start out first with the aftermath of the Blackhawks’ 6-3 victory over the Jets on Thursday night. Jonathan Toews had four points in the game, and he was obviously elated to play so well in his hometown. Well, as elated as Toews can ever get. [ESPN Chicago]
- Want an advanced stats breakdown of how Hawks center Brandon Pirri has been playing? Then this article is definitely for you. [JenLc13]
- Adam Pardy knows that the highlight of a fan stealing his helmet after Brandon Bollig smashed him through the glass at the United Center will be played for years to come, but he still thinks that fans need to give it a rest. Pardy pooper. [Chicago Sun-Times]
- In an excerpt from the team’s new hardcover book “One Goal II” entitled “Building a Legacy,” Hawks broadcaster Eddie Olczyk sings the praises of defenseman Duncan Keith and the impact that he has had during his tenure with the Blackhawks. [Blackhawks.com]
- Despite some recent hiccups, there are still plenty of reasons for optimism among Blackhawks fans. [Daily Herald]
- Finally, we wrap up Hawks Headlines with a couple of interesting videos. The first is from Joel Quenneville after the Hawks knocked off the Jets on Thursday night:
- The other video is one made by the Rockford IceHogs as they celebrate Movember with their own collection of mustaches: