As fans make their way out of Soldier Field and the Chicago Blackhawks head back into the Windy City for more celebrations, we have picked our 10 favorite quotes from the rally held to honor the Stanley Cup champions on Thursday.
“My family was in the streets with me last time. This time, they were on the bus with me.”
– Scott Darling on what it means to grow up near Chicago and to be on a championship team.
“Did anyone notice we had a little bit of rain on Monday night? I didn’t see any Lightning.”
– Blackawks owner Rocky Wirtz embracing his inner troll.
“Stan, we miss you. We’re thinking of you.”
– Blackhawks broadcaster Pat Foley giving a shoutout to legendary player Stan Mikita, whose health has taken a turn for the worse in recent weeks.
“I thought playing the Penguins out here in the snow was as good as it gets. You guys never cease to amaze me.”
– Blackhawks coach Joel Quenneville
“Let’s keep this red machine rolling baby! Let’s do it again, eh? Four sounds better than three!”
– Duncan Keith embracing his inner Michael Jordan
“F***ing right Chicago!”
– Corey Crawford abandoning his pledge to keep his speech cleaner for the 2015 celebration
“I know you said I’ve been growing up, but watch out for me the next week.”
– Patrick Kane, likely causing Hawks management to sweat a bit more over the next few days
“Kaner has some pull around here. Maybe he’ll want me back.”
– Brad Richards, perhaps hinting that he wants to come back to Chicago?
“2010 was special. 2013 was special. But there’s nothing like winning the Cup on home ice in front of you guys.”
– Patrick Sharp, perhaps addressing fans at a Hawks rally for the final time
“Today as we celebrate the third Stanley Cup in six seasons, I wanted to reiterate that our goal will always be to reward your allegiance to the Chicago Blackhawks.”
– Blackhawks president and CEO John McDonough