Groupon’s spokesperson quit after being hired in June, reportedly due to disagreements over the company’s response to recent criticism. Gaypon was introduced, offering deals from LGBT-friendly businesses – joining similarly-focused Qpon in the daily deal marketplace. Also is Groupon a sellout? Some think so.
- Groupon PR chief resigns two months after joining company. (Business Insider)
- Introducing Gaypon, the gay Groupon. (NBCBayArea)
- BusinessInsider explains in-depth why Groupon isn’t a Ponzi scheme, but has an uncertain future. (Business Insider)
- A Wired writer is disappointed in the “lack of idealism” in the Groupon phenom. (Wired)
- Today’s Deal: $$25 for $50 Worth of Brazilian Steak House Cuisine at Texas de Brazil