Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Bears news. Read on for news about Mike Tice's future plans, Brian Urlacher's use of a painkiller, the importance of special teams, how Matt Forte's coach feels about the Pro Bowl and which Bear will join Forte in Hawaii.
- Mike Tice will stay in Chicago. The Raiders opted not to interview him for their head-coaching job. (ESPN Chicago)
- Brian Urlacher said he used a painkiller that is legal but has been connected to kidney failure. (Chicago Tribune)
- The 49ers' and Ravens' problems with special teams showed just how important Bears special teams coordinator Dave Toub is. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Running backs coach Tim Spencer has mixed feelings about Matt Forte heading to the Pro Bowl. (Chicago Tribune)
- Speaking of the game in Hawaii on Sunday, Julius Peppers will play in it, filling in for New York's Jason Pierre-Paul. (Chicago Tribune)