Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Bears news. Read on for plenty from Lovie Smith, what the signing of another free agent wide receiver could mean for the draft and praise sent the Bears' way.
- Lovie Smith is optimistic about Matt Forte's contract situation. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- In fact, he was optimistic about pretty much everything when talking to reporters at the owners' meetings. (Chicago Tribune)
- Smith would have been happy with Kahlil Bell as the No. 2 back. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Chicago adding Devin Thomas means the Bears will likely use the draft for other positions. (CSN Chicago)
- Analysts are praising the Bears' offseason moves. (Chicago Bears)