Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for more on Jay Cutler's price, gambling in an NFL state and what the combine did for draft prospects and the NFL.
- It's been years since the Bears traded Kyle Orton for Jay Cutler. After looking at the 49ers trade of Alex Smith, did the Bears overpay for their quarterback? (Chicago Sun-Times)
- The NFL has been locked in a battle to keep legal sports betting out of New Jersey. A judge granted a permanent injunction on the case. See who won. (North Jersey)
- Marc Trestman's gameplans are known to be well thought out and offensively sound. Unfortunately, his most well-known gameplan was a failure on the game's biggest stage. (Windy City Gridiron)
- The combine is a great way for players to show they can perform under pressure. Here are 14 prospects who helped their stock the most at the combine. (National Football Post)
- Speaking of the combine, did you tune in to any of its coverage on the NFL Network? Ratings were up 11 percent this year. (SB Nation)