Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on Johnny Knox, Marion Barber's future, Caleb Hanie's new home, Lovie Smith's worries (or lack thereof) and how Michael Bush fits in.
- Johnny Knox will start the 2012 season on the physically unable to play (PUP) list. There is a strong chance he won't play at all in the upcoming season. (Chicago Tribune)
- After seven years in the NFL, Marion Barber has decided to retire. (Pro Football Talk)
- Report: Caleb Hanie will be a Denver Bronco. (ESPN Chicago)
- Lovie Smith is not worried about Matt Forte. (CSN Chicago)
- Michael Bush fits in with the Bears, with or without Forte. (Chicago Tribune)
- Big Sandy, Texas, tells the tale of Smith. (Chicago Sun-Times)