Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites.
- Someone call a veterinarian, because Johnny's pythons are sick! Johnny Knox debuted a stronger physique in Bourbonnais. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Vikings released tackle Bryant McKinnie, but before you say that the Bears should go after him, know that he failed a physical and came into camp weighing nearly 400 lbs. (Star-Tribune)
- Major Wright is making a big impression. (Chicago Tribune)
- George McCaskey says that the natural surface at Soldier Field is safer. (ESPN Chicago)
- The Bears aren't taking a huge risk in picking up former top-10 draft picks. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Tommie Harris has landed with the Indianapolis Colts. (Chicago Tribune)
- The Bears roster is full of former Big 12 men. (Windy City Gridiron)
- Scheduling note: The Bears are off today. They will return to practice Thursday night and will be joined by free agents.