Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for the latest on the Bears' choices at linebacker, how the defense won't change and if the special teams will get an assist from defense.
- With the uncertainty of Brian Urlacher's situation, are the Bears choosing between Manti Te'o and Urlacher? It may be that simple. (Windy City Gridiron)
- NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock broke down the deepest positions in the draft. The good news for the Bears is that they are also the positions the Bears need to address. (CSN Chicago)
- The Bears will continue to try to bolster the tight end position to catch up with league trends. But the coaches are still deciding if they have the right personnel in place. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Defensive coordinator Mel Tucker will stick with a 4-3 defense. Special teams coordinator Joe DeCamillis thinks that will help his phase out. (Chicago Tribune)
- Fans of Cover-2, rejoice! Tucker says it's not going anywhere. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- With free agency looming, several terms will be thrown around. Here's an explanation of the different types of franchise tag. (Windy City Gridiron)