Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for how a fan favorite may be headed elsewhere, charges being dropped on another Bear and risk vs. reward.
- Free agent defensive lineman Israel Idonije visited with the Tennessee Titans over the weekend. He has a standing offer from the Bears but is testing the market. (Chicago Tribune)
- Charges against Evan Rodriguez stemming from a traffic stop in south Florida were dropped. Phil Emery said Rodriguez was "re-educated on my expectations." That doesn't sound like a fun conversation. (ESPN Chicago)
- Lance Briggs was asked on Twitter about Jason Collins, the NBA player who came out on Monday. His responses were odd. (Chicago Tribune)
- Kyle Long comes from an NFL family. Heredity made him an easy choice for Phil Emery. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Emery weighs risk vs. reward on choosing players. He's picked up a few with so-called character issues. (ESPN Chicago)