Good morning, and welcome to a special edition of Bear Bites.
Tomorrow, the Bears will add another great to the Pro Football Hall of Fame ranks as Richard Dent is enshrined. This will extend the Bears' lead as the franchise with the most Hall of Famers.
First, Dent links:
- It's a mystery why Dent had to wait so long to get the call to Canton. (Chicago Tribune)
- Dent says the enshrinement isn't all about him. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- Richard Dent's father wanted him to be a musician. (Chicago Tribune)
- To his alma mater, Dent serves as an emblem of Tennesee State's past glory. (The Tennessean)
- Coaches played a big role in young Dent's development. (Canton Rep)
- When he came out of college, Dent was not the imposing, scary man he was in the pros. (ESPN Chicago)
- 10 things you did not know about Dent: (NFL)
Other Bears links:
- Free agents were finally able to practice last night. (ChicagoBears.com)
- That means the new Bears finally had a chance to shine. (Yahoo! Sports)
- Not only did Kristin Cavallari give Jay Cutler the ring back, but the former couple also returned the gifts and sent out this nice note. (Twitter)
- Olin Kreutz is drawing interest from the Saints and the Ravens. Good luck, old friend. (Chicago Tribune)
- Brian Urlacher getting ready for practice, courtesy of Chris Harris. (TwitPic)