Good morning and welcome to Bear Bites, your morning rundown of Chicago Bears news. Read on for more on Jay Cutler's new attitude, how practices have changed and Henry Melton's hopes for the future.
- Everything is new for Jay Cutler and the Bears this season. This includes the coach, playbook and even Cutler's attitude. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- The biggest difference in Trestman's first practice? The speed. Drills were finished and repeated as quickly as possible, but how did the players feel about it? (ESPN Chicago)
- Defensive lineman Israel Idonije is still an unsigned free agent, but that doesn't mean the Bears aren't interested in him. Phil Emery said he still wants to sign him. (Chicago Tribune)
- Henry Melton likes it in Chicago. He wants to sign a long-term contract here when his rookie deal runs out. (Chicago Sun-Times)
- D.J. Williams knows he's replacing Brian Urlacher, but he's also looking to make his own mark. Williams has no plans to imitate Urlacher. (Chicago Tribune)
- Want to see Earl Bennett's new haircut, Jay Cutler's neckbeard and which Bears hat Marc Trestman chose? Check out pictures from minicamp. (Chicago Tribune)