Chicago's starring role in the upcoming "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice" movie means road closures this weekend.
Beginning Friday at 6 p.m. and lasting through Sunday at 10 p.m., several streets in Chicago's Loop will be closed for filming of the superhero film starring Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck.
- South Clark Street, from West Van Buren to West Madison streets
- West Adams Street, from South Dearborn to South LaSalle streets
- West Quincy Street, from South Clark to South LaSalle streets
There will be intermittent closures through the weekend on
- West Jackson Street, from South Dearborn to South LaSalle streets
- West Monroe Street, from South Dearborn to South LaSalle streets
Motorists should be aware of posted parking restrictions in the area.
Chicago is no stranger to big-screen comic book franchises. Director Zack Snyder chose suburban Plano to serve as Superman's hometown and the Willis Tower as "The Daily Planet" in the 2013 movie, "Man of Steel."
"Transformers: Age of Extinction," the fourth installment of the film series, also was the second to shoot in Chicago.
Cavill returns as Superman in the upcoming movie, and Affleck will star as Batman.